Personal Injury Claims


Personal injuries can be either physical or emotional, and a valid personal injury claim may arise out of a number of different types of accidents. Personal injury claims are often filed after auto, bus, motorcycle, truck or tractor trailer accidents, slip and fall accidents, or medical malpractice and pharmacy malpractice incidents, among others. No matter what caused your injuries, it is a good idea to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney to determine whether or not you have a viable claim.

A personal injury attorney will be well-versed in the rules for filing personal injury claims in the state of Georgia. In deciding whether or not your personal injury case is valid, an attorney will determine if it can be proven to a judge or jury that your personal injuries were caused by the negligence or unreasonably unsafe actions of another person or business entity, such as a physician, an employer, a product manufacturer, a pharmaceutical company, or property owner, among others. In other words, in order to prevail in your case, your injury attorney must prove that the party or entity that caused the injury or injuries was negligent, meaning they did not act carefully by taking precautions one would expect a reasonable person or company to take.

The goal of a personal injury claim is to make the injured person whole again; to restore them back to their original condition before any wrongdoing transpired. In many cases, this is accomplished by means of monetary compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other financial losses. In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant for the wrongdoing and deter similar behavior in the future. A personal injury attorney can help guide you through the process of filing personal injury claims to recover any and all compensation owed to you. To learn more about personal injury claims in Georgia, or to receive a FREE case consultation from the experienced attorneys at The Law Office of Richard D. Hobbs & Associates, call (770) 467-3372 today.