Even minor car accidents have the potential to cause serious injuries for drivers and passengers. Getting compensation for your injuries is an important part of moving on from this difficult situation. Compensation is available to help accident victims recover the money spent on medical care and the earnings lost as a result of being unable to work. Compensation can also help to make up for your physical pain, emotional suffering, and additional financial losses. Filing a claim for
car accident injuries on your own can be difficult; there are so many other pressing issues that require your attention, such as making a full recovery. This is why many people choose to work with a lawyer who is experienced in handling car accident claims.
Speak to an Attorney Before You File
Each state has a statute of limitations that governs claims for car accident injuries. This means that there is a specified time frame within which you must file your claim. Missing this filing deadline can mean that you are unable to receive the compensation that you are entitled to. Though it is your right to file a claim on your own behalf, talking with a car wreck attorney before doing so can be very beneficial. A lawyer can:
- Explain the forms of compensation associated with car accident injuries
- Tell you how compensation is calculated
- Give you a realistic estimate for how long your case will take to be resolved
- Research the nature of your injuries and what compensation can be offered
- Navigate the complex legal system so you do not have to
- Advocate for you inside the courtroom
- Represent your interests when communicating with insurance companies and other lawyers
Compensation Comes After Filing
The faster that you file an accident claim, the sooner you are likely to receive the financial compensation you are entitled to. Your lawyer will work tirelessly to make certain that your concerns are addressed and that your voice is heard. Let an experienced accident attorney guide you through the legal system and help you get the compensation you deserve for your serious injuries. To receive a FREE consultation with an auto accident attorney from The Law Office of Richard D. Hobbs & Associates, call (770) 467-3372 today.